Palý [Moss]

Detail of the 1821 cadastral map showing s'Lŗitnars Haus next to the curve of the road. The house was demolished in 1960.
(archive of Luigi Piller Cottrer - Sappada).

The Terze Mountains with houses of the Palý village in the foreground - incision by A. Heilmann
published in Carl Diener's essay: "Die Sappada-Gruppe"
"Zeitschrift des Deutschen und Oesterreichischen Alpenvereins", XXI, 1890, pp. 321-372

Palý village in an early 1900s postcard
(Peratoner Archive - Venice)

The Posta Hotel - between 1900 & 1920
(Archive of the Ethnographic Museum - Sappada)

Palý village in a 1910-1920 postcard
The Tacus house carries the inscription "Coop branch"
(Archive of Antonio Genova - Pieve di Cadore)

Panoramic view of the Palý village at the end of the 1920s,
Picture taken from the bell tower of the Parish Church during a religious procession
(Archive of Giorgio Piller Puicher - Sappada)

Panoramic view of the Palý village at the end of the 1920s,
(Peratoner Archive - Venice)

The Piller paper and sporting goods store, at the end of the 1920s
(Peratoner Archive - Venice)

Palý village in a photo taken by Ubaldo Piller in 1944
(Archive of the Ethnographic Museum - Sappada)

Palý village during the exceptional snowstorm of February 1951
(source: Arnaldo Kratter Thaler, by the good offices of Luigi Piller Cottrer)

Palý village after the exceptional snowstorm of February 1951
(source: Arnaldo Kratter Thaler, by the good offices of Luigi Piller Cottrer)

Palý village after the exceptional snowstorm of February 1951.
S'Lŗitnars Haus, demolished in 1960, is visible in the background.
(source: Arnaldo Kratter Thaler, by the good offices of Luigi Piller Cottrer)

Palý village after the exceptional snowstorm of February 1951
(source: Arnaldo Kratter Thaler, by the good offices of Luigi Piller Cottrer)

Winter panoramic view of the Palý village in the 1950s
(archive of Giorgio Piller Puicher - Sappada)

Palý [Moss]