Bach [Poch]

Detail of the 1821 cadastral map (archive of Luigi Piller Cottrer - Sappada).

Detail of an old house of the Bach village, destroyed in the fire of 1908
(photograph published by A. Baragiola, La casa villereccia delle colonie tedesche del gruppo carnico - Sappada, Sauris e Timau, Padova, F.lli Drucker ed. - Chiasso, Tip. Tettamanti, 1915 (La casa villereccia di Sappada: pp. 5-19))

View of the Bach village after the fire of September 13, 1908
(Archive of the Ethnographic Museum - Sappada)

Casa s'Lùzios near the Mühlbach bridge (about 1910-1920)
(Archive of Luigi Piller Cottrer - Sappada)

Construction of the new road through the houses of the Bach village (1922)
(Archive of the Ethnographic Museum - Sappada)

The new road through the houses of the Bach village around 1925
(Archive of Antonio Genova - Pieve di Cadore)

The Belvedere Hotel (later renamed Roma), built in 1927. Today it is Sappada's Town Hall

The Roma Hotel in 1935
(Photograph by Ubaldo Piller, courtesy of the Piller family)

Panoramic view of Sappada around 1935.
The picture clearly shows how the new buildings in Bach are lined up regularly,
yet still clearly separated from the houses of Palù and Pill
(Peratoner Archive - Venice)

The Sole hotel near the Muhlbach turn
(Archive of the Ethnographic Museum - Sappada)

View of Bach und Mühlbach Villages
(Photograph by Ubaldo Piller, courtesy of the Piller family)

Panoramic view of the Bach village in a postcard of the 1950s
(Archive of Antonio Genova - Pieve di Cadore)

Three stables lined up in the Bach village; two of them have been renovated
(drawing by Olga Riva Piller, 1991 - courtesy of the artist)

Bach [Poch]