Granvilla [Dorf]

Amerikànmaindl

[Small Chapel of St. Mary Help of Christians]

Granvilla Village - near the Piave River

Class Type C.3

Date: 1954

Catalog 2.04

This chapel was built in 1954 by Giuseppe Oberthaler (nicknamed "the American" for the extended time he spent in America), as an offering to thank the Virgin Mary for saving his son Giuseppe, who almost drowned in a small lake near the Lerpa portion of the Piave river.