Bach [Poch]

Schantantonimaindl [Chapel of St. Anthony of Padua]

Bach Village - historical center

Class Type C.2

Date: 1726

Catalog 5.01

The chapel of St. Anthony of Padua in the Bach village was built in 1726 and is the oldest house of worship in Sappada. It has miraculously survived the fire that destroyed the village in 1908. The interior is characterized by a polygonal apse and by a remarkable vaulted ceiling decorated with frescoes representing the symbols of the evangelists.