Bach [Poch]

Mèlgòrte

[Mount of Olives (Gethsemani) and Ist Station of the Way of the Cross]

Bach Village - Mühlbach valley

Class Type C.3

Date: 1824

Catalog 5.02

Large chapel containing a sculpture of Jesus praying on the Mount of Olives. The chapel of the first station of the Way of the Cross stands nearby. The Way of the Cross winds uphill along the opposite slope of the Mühlbach valley and ends at the small Calvary church. Pietro Kratter Pieterlan built the complex between 1824 and 1859 in repentance for having helped Austrian troops annihilate a squad of Napoleonic soldiers many years before.